Best Commentator: Apple iPhone 7 Plus (256 GB) WINNER:
To claim your prize, please send us an email.
It may seem especially personal, but I do believe some bloggers wanna know how it would be possible to compare your results with alternative bloggers, as well as the number of visits, page views, followers and other potentials that stand for measuring a Blog. At the tip of the word “success” means “results” and provides it to compare and measure to see where we’re returning with our effort. So, how you’ll be able to measure the success of your blog? Let’s see.
Here, in this post I’ve provided some pointers that you’ll be able to compare the success/results of your website or blog with other others related to your niche. Being successful, means, I realized somewhat depends on their own observations and the way others see your work. You’ll be able to have few visitors and reach more success than others have thousands.
So I highly recommend you notice that, you’ve almost certainly visited blogs (related to your niche or not, whatever) that perceive thousands of visits per day/month and not able to think of their names, produce other “minor” are on your list of Favorites or Feed reader.
So you don’t have to be suspicious with numbers. Sometimes it’s not even good looking statistics and metrics to preserve the quality level of your blog (stop tracking visits to your blog). Moreover, a blog with a few months of existence, I mean less than 6 months won’t have enormous results as another that has survived for several years.
How Can you Measure the Results of your Blog?
Still, if you wanna others buy your blog in a decent worth, it’ll take some data under consideration. Some are more relevant than others and a few don’t serve much real data as a parameter, but if you wish numbers... Anyway, do check the following thing and evaluate yourself that whether your blog is a success or not.
1. Alexa Ranking » Alexa.com, one of the best Web Information Companies for you to get entire information of your blog compared to thousands of others that exist. Alexa allows multiple comparisons and offers a number one position for each. The fault I’ve made related to Alexa is just happened a delay to apply Alexa ranking widget to my blog LabStrike, but at present, It’s increasing day by day, and it’s the one of my most inspiration to continue my blogging, also I seem a success in the Alexa ranking of my blog LabStrike.
2. Monitor your Competitor Traffic » It’s not always possible to know the views of our competitors, but there’re some indications to find this data. Alexa can give an overview and can even make comparisons. In this situation, though Alexa stands good, I prefer Compete.com, the best site that displays traffic trends for competing websites. Also allows you to compare sites head to head and offers a paid search analytics tool which’s both remarkably helpful and inexpensively priced.
Also read: Best Web Analytics Tools To Track Your Visitors
3. Engagement in Social Networks » To know your social media influences of your competitors, slightly give a look to number of Twitter followers, Facebook fans & Google+ Circles. But, if your opponents use RSS feed, you’ll be not able to track their email subscribers.
So in this situation, I recommend join blogging communities such as Bloggers.com, BlogAdda.com, IndiBlogger.in, BloggerTalk.com, Gather.com etc. And create a form topic, for e.g.: “How many RSS Feed Subscribers do you have? ”
Moreover, articles and links receive RTs (Real-Time strategy), tanned and +1 you can look on the buttons integrated into the blog. I believe this helps as a method to measure how much the audience returns and replicates the work of your competitor.
4. Counting Blog Comments » Depending on the subject and niche Blog, the amount of comments can be a good sign of the influence of the author and dissemination in their target audience, including how to measure direct engagement of people. Guys, if you’re newbie to blogging field, don’t expect more comments after each updates. In my case, I wasn’t getting even a single comment on my blog LabStrike when I start 9 months before. But I receive a decent volume of comments at present. So be patient and never ever give up. Also be always conscious to answer comments that you received on your blog.
5. Links indexed in Search Engines » In addition to the amount of items and the frequency with which the author publishes, it’s also good to note that blog is well indexed in Google, because it’s a sign of good traffic source. But being indexed in search engines like Google, Yahoo! & Bing etc. is not easy as possible. So you’ve to make your blog more SEO friendly. LabStrike always stands for newbies. So if you’re not well aware of blogger SEO, don’t miss the SEO topics provided below and make your blog more SEO optimized.
- How to Optimize your Blog Post Titles for Better SEO
- How to Optimize Blogger Archive for Better SEO Impact
- How to Make your Blogger Blog SEO More Easy
- How to Add Google Sitemap to your Blogger Blog
- How to Use Image ALT Tag to Improve your SEO
6. Google PageRank » Even having already lost a bit of weight, PageRank is a “note” that Google gives links to your blog. Everyone starts with zero and the maximum is 10. This is an indicator of quality. Personally, I don’t believe in PageRank. Because blogs exist “without a custom domain” seem difficult to boost their PageRank even it contains good info. Probably it may help if you’re seeking for Sponsored Ads I think. Also Matt Cutts, the head of Webspam at Google provides a detailed video explanation regarding Why Google PageRank isn’t Important.
7. Author Rank » Everyone knows what’s Google PageRank, but not heard about Author Rank? It’s the newest and most importantly is able to define the potential and relevance, importance, an author and subject to certain niche. There’s still much to discuss about this new metric, but Google is already working on it as a means of indexing. If you really wanna improve your Author Rank, just follow up quick tips provided below:
- Write quality content
- Set up Google Authorship
- Be actibe in Social Media
- Pay attention to Google+
- Create valuable contacts
- Inspire your readers to share
- Communicate with your readers
- Specify in a niche
- Find Guest Blogging opertunities
- Help your blog visitors out
Must read: How to Improve the User Experience on your Blog
By analyzing above points, it’s your time to tell us whether your blog is a success or failure via comment. I hope it’ll increase the possibilities for those who strongly wish their blog to be a Success.