When a file is compressed with KGB Archiver it saves it with own extension and at the time of decompression it automatically recognizes the file format. The only limitation of KGB archiver is, decompressed file cannot be open or extract with other compression softwares. You can also choose any compression level (high, maximum, normal, low, very weak) to compress a file but the compression time will vary according to your selected compression level.
Due to high compression ratio of KGB archiver, you need to have a decent system hardware configuration:
- 256 MB RAM
- 1.5 GHz Processor
Features of KGB Archiver:
- Supports native .kgb files and .zip files
- AES-256 Encryption
- Able to create self-extracting archives.
- Multilanguage supports like Arabic, German, Greek, Japanese, Spanish many more.
- Unicode is supported in both User Interface and File Systems.
- An Explorer shell extension is available for the windows version.
- Make Password protected compressed file.
Please note: If you are compressing any file with KGB archiver and sending the comprssed file to your friends then he must have KBG archiver installed on his computer to decompress the file. This KBG Archiver software cannot compress video format files.